How to cook squid: instructions on how to clean fresh squid and how to cook them in the tastiest recipes. Difference between squid, squid and cuttlefish.
Squid, squid, cuttlefish, octopus and baby octopus are the five most used molluscs in Italian cuisine. On the subject of shellfish in the kitchen, we have already seenhow to cook octopus and how to cook baby octopus.Today we will seehow to cook squidwith two recipes, one very quick and simple (squid and vegetable salad) and the other more complex (the classic recipe for stuffed squid).
How to clean the squid
If you have doubts about how to clean the squid, know that they are very easy to clean. Just tear off the tentacles and entrails, turn the main squid bag inside out and rinse it under running water and tear off the skins. If you have doubts about the difference between squid and squid or if you don't understand how to clean squid, I refer you to the article on how to clean squid. Squid and squid are two different animals but in terms of the structure of the main sac and the number of tentacles they are very similar. Squid meats are considered more prized and for this reason the squid is cheaper, especially if bought frozen (Atlantic squid).
How to cook squid
To cook the squid you can use a large number of recipes, you can use the squid in the recipe for the white seafood sauce, in the classic recipe for spaghetti with seafood,Stuffed squidor seafood salad. Let's start with the sea inhale where you cancook the squidI read, a quick and easy way to taste this mollusk.
The ingredients used for cook the squid to the salad are:
- 2 peppers, one red and one yellow
- 2 yellow potatoes
- A handful of black olives
- 800 g of squid
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A spoonful of balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- Classic or cuttlefish ink flavored mayonnaise
How to cook boiled squid? Cooking time: 25 minutes
Just boil the water. Drop the squid leaving them cookfor 25 minutes in plenty of boiling water. Once 25 minutes have elapsed Let the boiled squid in a container with a lid or sealed with a cling film, so the slow cooking will continue, taking advantage of the residual heat andsquid it will be softer.
While you wait for the cooking times of the squid you can cook the vegetables. You can roast the two peppers on a hot cast iron skillet and then peel them. If you prefer, you can cook the peppers in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 30 minutes, again, then, you will have to let them cool and peel them. Boil the two potatoes (in boiling water for 30 - 40 minutes, depending on the size). Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes for your pepper and potato squid salad.
- Cook the two peppers, peel them and cut them into strips
- Boil the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Cook the boiled squid and cut them into strips.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Prepare minced garlic and parsley.
- Season everything with a spoonful of balsamic vinegar, oil, parsley and minced garlic.
- Add a few black olives.
- Garnish the dish with wisps of mayonnaise flavored with cuttlefish ink.
How to cook stuffed squid
That ofStuffed squidis a much loved recipe. In this version we will explain to youhow to cook stuffed squidwith mushrooms and peas. Here are the ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 800 g of squid with intact bag and chopped tentacles aside
- 2 Clove of minced garlic
- 100 g of peas
- 10 g of dried mushrooms already soaked, squeezed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- 100 g of crumb softened in water, well chopped
- 50 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper as required
- 100 ml of white wine
For cook the stuffed squidall you have to do is:
- Brown the tentacles with the chopped garlic in a pan with a drizzle of oil. It takes 4-5 minutes of cooking.
- Transfer the tentacles to a bowl and let them cool.
- To the now cold tentacles, add the peas and chopped mushrooms, two eggs, a tablespoon of pine nuts and 100 g of crumbled and softened in water.
- Mix everything and add salt, pepper and cheese.
- Use the mixture to fill the bags of thesquid.
- THEStuffed squidthey don't have to be very swollen! The filling should only fill 2/3 of the bag, keep in mind that the egg increases in volume with cooking.
- Close eachstuffed squidwith a toothpick.
- In a pan, heat some oil and brown thesquid in a pan for 3 minutes.
- Blend 100 ml of white wine.
- Close the pan and cook for 40 minutes, adding hot water from time to time to prevent it from drying out.
Alternatively you can docooking the squid in humid, using a condiment given by datterini tomatoes (very sweet) or simple sea broth.