Pork fillet with mustard: recipe and tips to obtain the excellent result. With strong mustard or old mustard, tips for getting a good crust and baking.
The recipe of thepork fillet with mustardit's a lotancient, yet it gained a lot of exposure by entering culinary television shows. There is a version of thepork fillet with mustard by Benedetta Parodi… However, for our recipe we will use ingredients capable of making the most of the dish.
If it is true that the skills of the chef are fundamental in the preparation of a dish, it is equally true that without first-class ingredients, excellent results cannot be obtained! Make sure you buy organically farmed pigs and premium produce.
Here are theingredientsneeded for the recipe pork fillet with mustard accompanied by sweet potatoes and baked in the oven. The ingredients are for 4 people.
- 800 gr of pork fillet
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 fennel
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp rustic mustard such as homemade mustard
- Brown sugar as required
- Rosemary or thyme
- extra virgin olive oil
For the procedure:
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into wedges. It will not be necessary to peel them.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven at 180 ° C for 40 minutes or 200 ° C in the ventilated mode for 30 minutes.
- Set the potatoes aside.
Now take care of themustard sauce for your pork tenderloin:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of rustic mustard with a tablespoon of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, creamier and stronger.
Make the pork tenderloin:
- Salt the fillet and brown it in a pan on all three sides. Usually 3 minutes per side should be enough but… check and stop when a crispy crust has been created.
- Use the mustard sauce to brush your pork tenderloin.
- Add the chopped thyme.
- Cook thepork fillet with mustard in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 25 minutes.
Take care of the vegetables:
- Cut the fennel into slices and cook them in a pan with oil and 2 tablespoons of water. Add salt and raisins.
- When the fennels are tender, remove them from the heat.
- Take 2 potatoes, peel them and mash them with a fork.
At this point yourspork fillet with mustardit is ready and you will only have to organize the last things.
How to serve mustard pork tenderloin in the oven
Remove the fillet from the oven and filter the sauce left on the bottom. Set it aside, mixed with half a ladle of water. Place them all on a saucepan to heat it up. This cooking sauce will serve you if thepork filletit's too dry. When you don't use a cooking thermometer, you risk getting overcooked and dry baked meat. That's why we recommend this "Plan B" to be implemented if cutting the pork tenderloin in the oven is dry inside.
- Cut the fillet into slices.
- Season it with the cooking sauce.
- Serve each slice with mashed potatoes, a few whole potato wedges, fennel and raisins.
- Add wisps of Dione mustard to decorate the dish.
To use themustard sauceit is not necessary to prepare onerecipeso complex.
Germans, for example, use mustard sauce enriched with aromatic herbs to flavor simple roasted sausages. The French use it to accompany roast beef.
What is mustard
Theremustardit is a blend of black and white grains that are first ground into powder and then diluted with vinegar and other spices such as turmeric. The so-called "ancient mustard" is nothing more than a more rustic variant that brings, inside, mustard grains that are not perfectly pulverized. Ancient mustard can be easily prepared at home, just a coffee grinder is enough to coarsely grind the black mustard grains.
In this recipe of thepork fillet with mustardwe advised you to useDijon mustardbecause it boasts the DOC label since 1937. On the market you can find “strong”, moderate or sweet, softer and more aromatic versions. The strong version is recommended when themustard saucemust face long cooking in the oven, as in the case of ourspork tenderloin in crust… The preliminary procedure of tossing the fillet in a pan to prepare the external crust should not be underestimated.
Do you like baked pork?
- pork loin
- Roast pork loin with potatoes