Theresea gellinella, also known ascapone fish, is a highly prized white meat fish. Thegurnard fishit is perfect in soup, in the oven or in a pan, particularly interesting are itsfillets.
Thegurnard fishlives in the Mediterranean, lerecipesthat see this ingredient as the protagonist are:
- Fish soup and broth
- Roasted gurnard fish
- Fillets of gurnard in a pan
- Other stewed preparations
It is not recommended to use ifillets of tub gurnardor the whole fish to be grilled or grilled: the meats are too tender and would risk drying out excessively. The result would be a “steppe” and “dry” recipe.
Fillets of tub gurnard
If you bought thefishwhole, you canfillet ittaking advantage of the guidehow to fillet fish. In the specific case of fillets of tub gurnardyou can get these after gutting the fish.
To clean the fish and get two nice fillets, you will need: scissors, a knife with a flexible blade and a bone-removing pliers!
- With scissors, cut off the gill, dorsal and ventral fins.
- With a thin-bladed knife, cut the belly lengthwise and remove the entrails.
- From this moment, you are ready tofillet the fish hen.
- Using a flexible blade knife, insert the blade between the top fillet and the center pin.
- Slide the blade along the center peg to detach the firstfillet steak.
- Turn the fish and repeat the procedure to obtain the second fillet.
- With the help of tweezers, it eliminates any excess thorns in the meat.
- To finish, you will have toclean the chicken filletssliding the thin blade of the knife between thefillet steakand the skin of the fish.
THEfillets of tub gurnard, thus obtained, they can be prepared in foil in the oven, in a pan ... or take part in a large number of recipes.
Accessories for cleaning fish can be found easily in kitchen utensils stores. If scissors are widespread, it is more difficult to find a suitable knife at an affordable price. Among the various products on the market, I recommend the Tescoma knife with 18 cm blade. I have been using it for years now and I am very happy with it. The other useful object is the pliers to remove the bones, personally I use a surgeon's tweezers, very handy ... however, it is unsuitable when I try to remove larger bones. For completeness, I point out two Amazon pages where you can find a pliers and a knife, both designed for filleting andbone raw fish.
- Fillet knife, price € 11.40, with free shipping
- Tweezers in stainless steel, price € 11.99, with free shipping
If in looking for thegallinela fishon the web you intended to get some ideas for an excellent recipe, after explaining how to make the fillets, I'll tell you how to cook them.How to cook gurnard fish? Taking advantage of this recipe!
Fillets of tub gurnard with olives
How to cook gurnard fish? Make sure you get:
- 4 fillets of tub gurnard of about 200 gr each
- 4 sliced spring onions
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 2 glasses of fish broth (or vegetable broth)
- 80 gr of black olives
- Capers, to taste
- Flour, just enough
Forcook the gurnard fishyou will need a large pan just enough so that the fillets do not stack on top of each other. Here she isrecipe:
- Heat the oil.
- Sweat the spring onions.
- Add the capers.
- Meanwhile, flour the fillets.
- Add the gurnard fillets to the pan and cook them for 2 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle the fillets with lemon juice.
- Add half a glass of white wine to cooking.
- Add a glass of broth and let it thicken for 5 minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, add the olives.
- Add salt and, if you like, pepper.
- Let the cooking broth thicken for a further 2 minutes and then, your recipe is ready to be served.
Note: I advised you to set aside 2 glasses of fish broth because if you are used to using the stove over high heat, the evaporation will be intense and you will need to add more broth. So, based on your preference and cooking habits, adjust the amount of broth to add!