Peaches in syrup in the oven: recipe for stuffed peaches in syrup (Piedmontese recipe, with amaretti and variations with puff pastry and cream).
In this guide we will explain to youhow to make baked peaches in syrupwith thePiedmontese recipeand tasty variations. Peaches in syrup, in general, are prepared with the “percoca” or “yellow peach” variety, they are rich in sugars and liquids. For thebaked stuffed peaches recipeI suggest you use homemade peaches in syrup, well firm and above all well drained.
Before preparing any of the recipes we are going to show you, ask thempeaches in syrupin a colander so as to eliminate the excess syrup.
Peaches in syrup in the oven with macaroons
There recipe for Piedmontese stuffed peaches in syrup involves the use of egg yolk and macaroons. The egg yolk can be easily replaced with a few tablespoons of peach syrup (the one used for preserving the peaches in syrup). Here are the ingredients to make thebaked fish in syrup with macaroons, doses for 4 people:
- 4 well drained half peaches in syrup
- 80 g of macaroons
- 1 tablespoon of almond liqueur (such as amaretto liqueur, amaretto di Saronno ...)
- 1 tablespoon of syrup (or a beaten egg yolk)
- 20 grams of brown sugar
- 20 grams of cocoa powder (optional)
Here's how to prepare thepeaches in syrup stuffed with macaroons.
- Arrange the four half peaches in a baking dish, taking care to turn the hollow part upwards.
- Place the macaroons on a large cutting board and, with a rolling pin, crumble them coarsely.
- Collect the crumbled macaroons in a bowl and mix them with the cocoa powder, add syrup (or yolk), brown sugar and liqueur.
- Stir to mix the ingredients of yoursstuffed.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Use the crumbled macaroon mixture to fill the hollow part of yoursfish in syrup.
- Cook thebaked fish in syrupfor 20 - 30 minutes.
- Serve thebaked peaches in syrupstill hot.
Tip: if you let the peaches cool, you can garnish them with a splash of cream or you can serve them with a ball of vanilla, mozzarella or fruit ice cream. The peaches in syrup stuffed with cream and / or ice cream they are a real pleasure for the palate!
Peaches in syrup in the oven: recipe
In this recipe, you will be serving thebaked peaches in syrupon a puff pastry base. Puff pastry is a dough made from water, flour and butter but can also be easily prepared in a vegan version. Also in this case, we point out the ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 well drained half peaches in syrup
- 4 circles of puff pastry 8 cm in diameter each
- 1 egg yolk
- 80 g chopped hazelnuts (chopped and toasted hazelnuts)
- 1 tablespoon of peach syrup
- 30 grams of brown sugar
- 10 gr of butter
Thestuffed peaches in syrupthey are a simple dessert to prepare. Peaches in syrup in the oven can be prepared in any season but I recommend you do it in winter: the residual heat of the oven will help to heat the house! Here's how to proceed with the recipe:
- Grease a baking dish with butter at room temperature.
- On the bottom of the pan, arrange the four discs of puff pastry.
- Beat the egg yolk with the syrup and sugar.
- Use the egg mixture to brush the puff pastry discs.
- Arrange the 4 half peaches in syrup on the circular sheets of puff pastry, this time taking care to turn the hollow part down.
- Cook the peaches in syrup in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes, open the oven door, decorate each peach with chopped hazelnuts.
- Close the door and cook for a couple of minutes before taking out and serving.
Also in this case you can serve thebaked peaches in syrupwith a splash of cream or a scoop of ice cream.
Peaches in syrup filled with ice cream
Please note: alternatively you can arrange the four halves of peaches in syrup on the baking dish, always with the hollow side facing down and cover them with the puff pastry discs to obtain 4 domes.
In this way, you can serve the peaches in syrup just warm, adding the chopped hazelnuts in the hollow part, along with a ball of ice cream.
If the peaches in syrup you find on the market do not satisfy you because they are too soft, I invite you to read the guide: how to make peaches in syrup.