Pasta with chard: recipes of first courses withchard. How to cook beets with different recipes (pasta with beets and potatoes, pasta with beets and walnuts, pine nuts, ricotta or stuffed ...)
How to cook Swiss chard? What would you think of a nice first course ?! Therepasta with chardit's the first dish you don't expect. Thechardthey are often used to accompany meat, just blanched with a drizzle of oil and lemon juice, or the classic side dishbeets and potatoes… Not everyone knows that these delicious vegetables can also be used as a condiment for a good dish of pasta. On this page we will explain how to cook chard with pasta.
Pasta with chard and walnuts (or pine nuts)
Here's how to cook chard with the recipe for pasta with chard and walnuts. The ingredients, for two people, are:
- 200 grams of chard
- 140 gr of short pasta (half sleeves, macaroni, tubettoni ...)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 30 gr of grated pecorino
- 50 gr of peeled walnut kernels
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- dried chili (optional)
For this recipe you have two options, prepare a cream of chard and chopped walnuts, or leave the chard intact and chop only the walnuts. The procedure is more complex in the first hypothesis: a chard pesto or rather, a cream of chard and walnuts, is able to season very well especially rigati pasta shapes (penne rigate, mezze manic sleeves…). Let's see how to proceed.
- Sear the beets in boiling salted water.
If you want to prepare the beet cream, leave the leaves intact ... If you want to use the whole beets, cut them into strips and blanch for a few minutes.
- Aside, peel the walnuts and chop them. Set the walnuts aside.
- Sauté the chard in a pan with the oil and, with a garlic press, extract the pulp by adding it to the vegetables.
Now add the chopped walnuts if you want to use the whole chard, alternatively, put the chard in the mixer, collecting the excess oil left in the pan.
- Boil the water and cook the pasta. Drain the pasta still al dente.
- Put the pasta in the pan with the cream of the chard (add the walnuts) or with the whole chard and walnuts.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Add pecorino flakes.
- Add a little finely chopped red pepper.
With the same procedure it is also possible to prepare the recipe ofpasta with beets and pine nuts.
Pasta with chard and potatoes
As stated, the combinationbeets and potatoesit's aevergreenwhen it comes to side dishes, then why not also test it as a sauce for pasta? Here is the recipe.
- 320 gr of short pasta
- 400 grams of chard
- 2 - 3 medium sized potatoes
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana
- 1/2 glass of wine
- plenty of hot salted water or vegetable broth
Here's how to proceed:
- Sear the chard and set aside. While the water is boiling, peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces.
- In a saucepan, heat the extra virgin olive oil and cook the potatoes. Let the white wine evaporate. Add a glass of broth (recommended) or hot water.
- While cooking, cover the pot.
- When the potatoes are almost cooked, add more hot broth and drop the pasta.
- It is important to monitor cooking to ensure the right amount of water.
- Before finishing cooking, add the blanched beets cut into strips.
- Turn off and add plenty of Parmesan cut into flakes.
- Add fresh ground pepper and serve the dish still hot.
It may help you: how to grow beets
Please note: both chard recipes have been personally tested. The second recipe is moredifficultfor cooking potatoes and pasta. You can prepare homemade vegetable broth with cube in a separate pot, so as to ensure cooking even in the case of high quality durum wheat pasta (and therefore with longer cooking times).
Pasta with chard
Chard can be used like spinach, perhaps to make a good filling with the combination of chard and ricotta, or for those who are not afraid of more consistent dishes, a good cannelloni stuffed with chard, provolone and sausage.