It's easy to saymarinated tuna! Who decides to prepare thefresh marinated tunaor ofmarinated tuna carpaccio,must make conscious choices from the outset, favoring the most appropriate raw material for use.
Fresh marinated tuna: how to prepare a good marinated tuna by choosing the right cut according to the purpose. Tips on the sauce to accompany the marinated tuna.
Marinated raw tuna
To prepare a marinated raw tuna of excellence, you will need to choose some red tuna fillet. Generally what you find at the supermarket counter is a cut called tarantello.
The "tarantello" is found under the fillet, it is softer but has a stronger flavor. Due to its characteristics this cut can be used to prepare amarinated grilled tunawith citrus or other aromas. The tarantello is perfect to cook in a pan, grilled or baked in foil.
The best cut to eat raw is the tuna cheek. This cut, in fact, is used to prepare sushi and sashimi, in Japan it is also served without condiments. Another cut indicated to prepare a raw tunait is the bodano. This cut is located above the belly: it has a lean and compact pulp.
The leanest cut is undoubtedly the fillet: it is located under the dorsal fin. Typically this cut is preferred bymarinatebecause it has a more delicate flavor. Its delicacy and absence of fats make it ideal for preparingtartare or tuna carpaccioas well as goodmarinated raw tuna.
To prepare themarinated tuna carpaccioor other raw cuts, we recommend thebluefin tuna. Bluefin tuna has finer meat than the classic bluefin tuna.
Fresh marinated tuna: how to do it?
Here are the ingredients to prepare a good onefresh marinated tuna. The doses are enough for 4 large portions.
- 600 grams of bluefin tuna fillet, specify that it is used raw and have the piece cut into 4 fillets of 150 g. each
- 1 red onion from Tropea
- 1 sprig of dill
- 4 bay leaves
- 250 g. of sugar
- 120 ml of apple acid
- 120 ml of red vinegar
- 120 ml of water
- 2 teaspoons of mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon of white peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons of black peppercorns
Spices are key tomarinate the tuna. Choose fresh spices that are undoubtedly more aromatic.
For the sauce to accompany yoursmarinated tunayou need:
- 150 g of boiled potato
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 clean clove of garlic
- 1/2 sachet of saffron
- saffron pistils for garnish (using flowers in the kitchen is very gourmet!)
- 150 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper as needed
First, you will have tomarinate the fresh tuna. With the spices described above you will be able to obtain a less banal result than the classictuna marinated in lemonorwith citrus fruits. Of course, orange and lemon juice are evergreens, but they are better suited for marinating tuna before grilling it. Carpaccio of tuna or marinated tuna to be served raw, they work best with spices.
How to marinate tuna
Theremarinating tunait's all in this recipe. Here's how to go on to themarinating tuna:
- Line up the 4 tuna fillets in a large baking dish
- Slice the onion and spread it over the fillet.
- Add the bay leaves, the chopped dill and place everything in the fridge. In the meantime…
- In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, vinegar and the remaining spices.
- Start the heat over low heat and boil for at least 2 minutes after melting the sugar.
- Cool the liquid for themarinating tuna. When it is completely cold, pour it over the fillets.
- Let the tuna rest in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
While you wait for the times for themarinating the tuna, you can take care of the sauce. This sauce lends itself very well to accompany the marinated raw tuna or themarinated tuna carpaccio.
Marinated tuna sauce
The ingredients are those seen previously. Prepare the sauce to accompany the fresh marinated tuna like this:
- In a blender, combine the mashed potato, garlic, egg yolks and saffron powder.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Operate the mixer and, only when you have turned off, add the extra virgin olive oil. In this way, the heat produced by the mixer will not oxidize the extra virgin olive oil, altering its organoleptic and nutritional properties.
At this point, all you have to do is drain the marinated tuna and place it on a serving dish. You can serve the tuna fillets whole or sliced. You can garnish by adding the saffron pistils and wisps of sauce.
Thefresh marinated tunaPrepared in this way it goes well with a rich salad and slices of toast!
Do you like tuna? Try our recipe and the advice seen in the dedicated guide "tuna fish: how to cook it “.